Gerunds and Infinitive

Gerund= an -ing form a verb.
Infinitive= to + a base form.


Use gerunds and infinitive depending of the verb


EXAMPLES OF GERUNDS:

  • She advises waiting until tomorrow
  • We enjoyed visiting them.
  • The athlete practices throwing the ball.
  • They avoid fighting with the other group.
  • She suggests going to the movies.

EXAMPLES OF INFINITIVE:

  •  They agree to help us.
  • He learns to play the piano.
  • I want to tell you something.
  • I need to have your opinion.
  • I expect to enter graduate school in the fall.





EXAMPLE
Conversation

María: What do you feel like doing right now?

 José: I feel like play xbox with my friends.

María: Oh it is so funny. When do you plan to go play xbox with your friends? 

 José: I plan to go play xbox with my friends tomorrow at 6 o'clock.

 María: Oh, okay. Have fun.



 










Comentarios